Thursday 5 June 2008

News Round Up - Managerial

the latest managerial news from the last couple of days in the world of soccer.

Mark Hughes was confirmed as Manchester City manager and unveiled at a Press Conference yesterday.

The former Blackburn manager, who used to play for their fierce local rivals Manchester United told the World's media:

“I am absolutely delighted to be here, I have already had some great support from the fans and I’m pleased with the positive reaction to the appointment.

“They will know from my experiences as a manager that my teams work extremely hard and are committed, but I am an advocate of attacking football. "

"The players that have played for me week-in, week-out in the past are technical players that play the type of football that I want to be played. Hopefully the fans will see that very quickly in the teams that I will produce."

“It was made plain to me very, very quickly that there was a huge project here that I wanted to be part of, it was a very easy decision for me. I am at a club that matches my ambitions.”

Meanwhile, former Manchester City manager & failed England Head Coach Sven Goran Eriksson has been appointed as Head Coach of Mexico. The Swede will oversee the First Team of their highly rated International Squad.

Zemanta Pixie

No comments:

euro2008.uefa.com